Saturday, December 10, 2016

Letter from Mom

Dear Family,

How are you all doing?  We are pluggin' along down here.  This week has been a little slow for me.  Dad has been busy getting everything ready to make aIl of the purchases for our Petrolina project.  (I just lost my email and now I have to start over.)  It will be good to have that up and running finally.  

For some reason, this week my Portuguese is really bad!  Last Sunday I couldn't understand much of anything and the week before I understood almost everything.  That is frustrating!  It is very difficult to learn a new language at my age.  I really don't like to pray in Portuguese because for some reason, it feels like I'm not really praying.  I did offer a prayer, in Portuguese, last week at the beginning of our Fast Offering meeting.  Elder Costa was presiding!  That was a little nerve wracking to pray, in a different language, in front of a General Authority.  I had a feeling all day that I would be asked.

Last week at the temple I really got thrown into the lion's den!  That is exactly what we used to do in Rexburg when we would get new people and we were short handed.  I had just begun to study the veil when the supervisor came in all panicked and wondered if I could help in Initiatory.  I said that I could probably read it so she had me read it to her and then said, "Perfect."  That was my training.  We were busy.  Right after that I was on the 10:30 session and I didn't need the card.  After the session they needed more help in Initiatory and we were busy again.  At the end I started to look around the booth and took notice of the curtains, wallpaper, chair, etc. and it looked just like the Rexburg Temple.  It felt like I was home.  It was a good feeling.  I decided that that is how the temple should feel like...like home.

Dad and I, the Harris' and Sister Cox went to a choir concert on Sat.  It was Christmas music and they were really good.  Most of the music was unfamiliar to me but it was still very enjoyable and the choir was very good.  They are a professional choir.  Their men's arrangement of "Ave Maria" was gorgeous.  After the choir we went to a shopping mall to see their Christmas decoration display.  We went last year and I was expecting the same thing but it was totally different.  The mall is 5 stories high and the decorations go from floor to ceiling!  It is incredible.  They kind of reminded me of our yard and you'll understand why when you see the pictures.  :)

I hope that you all have a very good week.  We are glad that little Jakey is recovering from his surgery.  For those of you who don't know, he had to have his adenoids removed.  They were swollen and causing a lot pressure on his inner ear and causing hearing loss which was affecting his speech development.  He also was getting sick a lot.  Hopefully this will help him.  He is so cute and I felt so bad that he had to go through this.  Good thing he is little and probably won't remember it.

We love you all very much.  

Love,
Mom/Paula

1.  Harris', Sister Cox and us at the concert
2.  the frieze above the stage
3.  It was a small hall but the choir was really good.
4. Decorations-see what I mean about our yard?  :)
5. more
6.  5 stories high







1.  more squirrels
2.  more
3.  In the sleigh
4.  the outside 

It was fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment