Friday, November 18, 2016

November 11, 2016

Hi all,

This is a quick one.  I just wanted you all to know that I just bought tickets to see "My Fair Lady" down here....IN PORTUGUESE!!  I am really excited!  It doesn't matter that I won't understand every single word but I know the story and I will be thinking of Dad the whole time.  I even splurged and bought the VIP tickets so that we could get a good seat.  The "old people" down here (over 60) get their tickets for half price and free public transportation fare.  Can't beat that!  So our tickets ended up costing around $44 each and we have spent that much to see a Jazz game up in the rafters!  The theatre is in a very high end section of the city.  The apartments in that area sell for well over 1 million dollars apiece and that is in US dollars and not Brazilian Rais.  Anyway, I am excited.  There are a few of the other missionaries who are also going so it should be fun.

This has made me think even more of Dad today with it being Nov. 11th.  I can't believe that it has already been 9 years since he departed from us.  I think about him often.  We were blessed to have such a good example for our family.  I am so proud of our mother/grandmother/great-grandmother also!  She is a remarkable woman and I think about her everyday.  She is a great 'living' example to our family.  I hope that I can be more like her.

Well love to all,
Mom/Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment